I’m redirecting all anonymous messages that I’ve gotten from yesterday to any I might get in the next month to this post.
Anonymous asked: what media do you use for your drawings? ps they’re really cool!
Thanks! Most of my drawings are made with black ink and brush, which I then scan and edit and color digitally on Photoshop.
Anonymous asked: Just saw you on Rookie Mag , can I say amazing? I came to this blog after that , oh and uhm. You so can draw. XD
Thank you! Be sure to check out Claudia’s flickr as well, her photos are fantastic.
Anonymous asked: your work = amazing
Thank you, that’s really nice of you to say.
Anonymous asked: Oh my god, I am seriously in love with your work! You are incredibly talented and I wish I could draw like you so intensely. If only you didn’t live so far away - as a fellow 16 year old Strokes-and-art-supplies lover, I think we definitely would get along really well! Keep up your amazing illustrations.
Aww, thank you, I’m really flattered! Who are you?! REVEAL YOURSELF, PLEASE!!!
Anonymous asked: The same anon here! (woah, being anon is kinda weird for me…) I actually have a tumblr, but at the moment I had to make my little sister change the password so I wouldn’t get distracted during assessment week… as you probably tell, it’s not working out so well. BUT, when I get it back, I’ll start following you and will probably gush over your drawing skills again then too! Until then, I’ll just gush from afar…
Alright, well then let me know who you are once you’re back on Tumblr! But focus on school first! (I feel weird saying that because I was on Tumblr during my exams as well, I am such a hypocrite for giving advice I wouldn’t even follow hahaha)
Anonymous asked: Your pictures are wicked inspirational. Makes me want to get some pen out and draw things all day! Thanks!
Oh no, thank you!
3:08 pm • 28 March 2012 • View comments
To the anon who asked me what tools I use to draw, and to anyone else who might be wondering:
Left to right, by segment, by row
- Watercolor paper sketchbooks, a Moleskine Cahier notebook, bond paper, and Post-Its. Pretty much any kind of paper I can get my hands on.
- Brush pens (I have 7 in different sizes), teeny brushes, fine-liners, and woodless graphite pencils from HB to 9B
- Assorted ink
- My nose-shaped sharpener and half-used eraser
- Colored pencils, pastels, crayons
- Watercolors, acrylics, and poster paint
- Adobe Photoshop CS5, a.k.a. my long-term on and off boyfriend
- Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen tablet
- 3-year-old Macbook
- Big Momma - scanner/printer/copier extraordinaire
12:34 am • 28 March 2012 • 8 notes • View comments
Claudia and I just got featured on Rookie Mag - no big deal, it’s only the FIRST TIME WE’VE EVER BEEN INTERVIEWED ABOUT ANYTHING FOR A MAGAZINE EVER!!!
As avid Rookie readers, this is a HUGE deal for us, so thank you to the Rookie staff (especially the super rad Anaheed) for having us. They do a fantastic job in empowering and catering to girls and I feel so great to have taken part in what they do, even if only to a minuscule degree.
And, of course, a massive THANK YOU to Claudia for being the reason for this in the first place. You are the sweetest, craziest, funniest, most talented and hard-working girl I know! You deserve this!
11:56 am • 27 March 2012 • 23 notes • View comments
New project underway! It seems my ‘productive’ summer is off to a good start (Feeling so ~hip~ now that I’m on instagram)
2:03 pm • 24 March 2012 • 1 note • View comments
It’s been roughly 3 weeks since my last post, so apologies are in order for the few of you who actually read my blog. I could barely find any time to sketch with a billion school projects going on at the same time, but fear not! The school year’s almost ending and I’m really looking forward to being able to just sit down and doodle for hours on end without having to worry about any Geometry tests the next day. In the meantime, though, here are some ink portraits of my sister. Can’t wait for summer to start!
6:00 am • 9 March 2012 • 7 notes • View comments
Superman and Emma Watson mysteriously ended up on the same page
9:21 pm • 12 February 2012 • 30 notes • View comments
- Time to make a poster about food safety for Home Ec tomorrow
- AWLRIGHT I’M GETTING PRODUCTIVE
- Oh wait, I need to choose the colors I need
- *wastes 10 minutes of valuable time by doodling over the swatches*
- PROCRASTINATION STRIKES AGAIN
3:06 pm • 12 February 2012 • 4 notes • View comments
Had my birthday about six days ago, and while I (relievedly) didn’t get an MTV-esque Sweet Sixteen party, I did get some pretty nice presents!
- Clinique City Block that I’ve been keeping my eye on for months (would you please let me be a teenage girl for one minute ugh) from my little sister.
- Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon record that my dad got me when we went vinyl hunting the day before.
- Tees, also from mi padre. (Frida shirt, come at me bro)
- A Dance With Dragons, book five of George R.R. Martin’s epic A Song of Ice and Fire series from my mother-slash-fellow-Game-of-Thrones-fan-girl.
I don’t really know how to describe how I feel about being another year older. I guess it just really irks me to think that I’d be a legal adult in certain countries now that I’m 16 and I’ve “come of age” or whatever, and that fact that most strangers mistake me for a 13-year-old makes it so much weirder.
1:30 am • 11 February 2012 • 4 notes • View comments
Just a girl
(It’s Tumblr, I’ll be eloquent when I want to)
10:32 pm • 30 January 2012 • 14 notes • View comments